What the heck is “The XO?”
It is a RACE! …and it’s a race unlike any other we’ve seen in this area before.
“The XO” is a hybrid event – a mix between MX and Hare Scrambles. The course is 2-3 miles in length …half of which is natural style MX, with the other half being open/flowing woods trails. The course will also feature a short technical section with an optional bypass. Each class will compete in two 30-minute moto’s with the overall winner determined by traditional moto scoring.
If the event sounds like a “JDay” – that’s good because that is where we got the inspiration. One minor difference is that we will be running on a split schedule – meaning we will repeat motos 1-3 before starting motos 4-6. This makes for less wait time between motos and the opportunity for many to get in all of their racing within a shorter day (or sleep-in!).
The XO Race Day Schedule
|Moto – Start Time||Classes (wave 1 / wave 2 / wave 3)*||Duration|
|1st Moto 1 – 830am||PeeWee Sr / Trail / Jr||(15 min)|
|1st Moto 2 – 855am||Mini Super / Sr / Jr||(20 min)|
|1st Moto 3 – 925am||Plus 35 A / B / C||(30 min)|
|2nd Moto 1 – 1005am||PeeWee Sr / Trail / Jr||(15 min)|
|2nd Moto 2 – 1030am||Mini Super / Sr / Jr||(20 min)|
|2nd Moto 3 – 1100am||Plus 35 A / B / C||(30 min)|
|1st Moto 4 – 1140am||Schoolboy / Plus 50 / Women||(30 min)|
|1st Moto 5 – 1220pm||250 C Open C||(30 min)|
|1st Moto 6 – 100pm||A$ / 250 B / Open B||(30 min)|
|2nd Moto 4 – 140pm||Schoolboy / Plus 50 / Women||(30 min)|
|2nd Moto 5 – 220pm||250 C Open C||(30 min)|
|2nd Moto 6 – 300pm||A$ / 250 B / Open B||(30 min)|
* waves will start 1 minute apart
- All classes with an age requirement will use the rider’s age as of the date of the event.
- All racers under 18 must have parent or legal (notorized) guardian with them at sign-up / check-in.
- PeeWee Sr is for riders 6-11 years old on 2-stroke bikes up to 65cc
- PeeWee Trail is for riders 6-11 years old on 4-stroke bikes from 70-110cc
- PeeWee Jr is for riders 5-9 years old on 50cc bikes.
- Mini Super is for riders under the age of 16 on bikes with 19” front wheel and 16” back wheel. Max engine displacement is 110cc 2-stroke or 155cc 4-stroke.
- Mini Sr is for riders 12-15 years old on bikes with 17” front wheels and 14” rear wheels. Max engine displacement is 110cc 2 stroke or 155cc 4-stroke.
- Mini Jr is for riders 9-11 years old on bikes with 17” front wheels and 14” rear wheels. Max engine displacement is 110cc 2 stroke or 155cc 4-stroke.
- Schoolboy is open to riders 12-16 years old on bike with engine displacement between 99-250cc
- The A$ class will payback 100% (money) to the top 5 overall. ALL other classes (including Plus 35 A) will be awarded (not money) back to 3rd
- Gate fee is $5. Online pre-registration is $25 per class – whereas “late” sign-up at the track will be $30 per class. Transponder fee (Moto-Tally RFID) is $5 as needed.
- Gates close at 10pm Saturday and re-open at 6:30am on Sunday.
- ALL RIDERS (even if pre-registered) MUST CHECK-IN!!
- BRING YOUR HELMET TO CHECK-IN!!!
- Sign-up (or check-in for pre-registered riders) will be open for all classes on Saturday from 7-8pm.
- Sign-up (or check-in for pre-registered riders) for Motos 1-3 is Sunday 7:00-8:15am.
- Sign-up (or check-in for pre-registered riders) for Motos 4-6 is Sunday 9:45-11:30am.
The XO will be the day after our 2-4-1 motocross event. Attending the 2-4-1 on the day before The XO will allow the woods racer some time to get a little more comfortable with the mx aspect of The XO – while also allowing the mx rider a chance to walk the wooded sections of course and see there will be nothing to fear about the trails being utilized.
This race will be a lot of fun for both the racer and the spectator. Stay tuned for more details.