What the heck is “The XO?”
It is a RACE! …the format of which we think A LOT of riders will come to appreciate.
“The XO” is a hybrid event – a mix between MX and Hare Scrambles. The course will be 2-3 miles in length… approximately half of which will be natural style MX or grass track, with the other half being open/flowing woods trails. The course will also feature a short technical Wild Card section (think “endurocross) that will be optional – though the bypass will be 15-25 seconds longer. Each class will compete in two 30-minute moto’s with the overall winner determined by traditional moto scoring.
If the event sounds like a “JDay” – that’s good because that is where we got the inspiration. One minor difference is that we will be running on a split schedule – meaning we will repeat motos 1-3 before starting motos 4-6. This makes for less wait time between motos and the opportunity for many to get in all of their racing within a shorter day (or sleep-in!).
2017 XO Race Day Schedule
Moto – Start Time Classes (wave 1 / wave 2 / wave 3)* Duration
1st Moto 1 – 830am Minis – Super / 85 / 65 (20 min)
1st Moto 2 – 900am Plus 17 – A+B / C (30 min)
1st Moto 3 – 940am Plus 35 – A / B / C (30 min)
2nd Moto 1 – 1020am Minis – Super / 85 / 65 (20 min)
2nd Moto 2 – 1050am Plus 17 – A+B / C (20 min)
2nd Moto 3 – 1130am Plus 35 – A / B / C (30 min)
1st Moto 4 – 1210am Schoolboy / Plus 50 / Women (30 min)
1st Moto 5 – 1250pm 250 C Open C (30 min)
1st Moto 6 – 130pm A$ / 250 B / Open B (30 min)
2nd Moto 4 – 210pm Schoolboy / Plus 50 / Women (30 min)
2nd Moto 5 – 250pm 250 C Open C (30 min)
2nd Moto 6 – 330pm A$ / 250 B / Open B (30 min)
* waves will start 1 minute apart
2017 Class Info
• All classes with an age requirement will use the rider’s age as of the date of the event.
• All racers under 18 must have parent or legal (notorized) guardian with them at sign-up / check-in.
• Mini Super is for riders under the age of 16 on bikes with 19” front wheel and 16” back wheel. Max engine displacement is 110cc 2-stroke or 155cc 4-stroke.
• Mini 85 is for riders 10-15 years old on bikes with max engine displacement of 85cc 2 stroke or 150cc 4-stroke.
• Mini 65 is for riders 8-11 years old on bikes with max engine displacement of 65cc 2 stroke or 125cc 4-stroke.
• Schoolboy is open to riders 12-16 years old on bike with engine displacement between 99-250cc
• Plus 17, Plus 35 and Plus 50 are age classes where 17, 35 and 50 are the minimum age requirements, respectively. There is no maximum age for any of them. For Plus 17 (effectively a blend of the traditional “Collegboy” and “Plus 25” classes) A and B riders will run and be scored together – whereas in Plus 35 the will be separate. The is only one Plus 50 class with all skill levels combined.
• The A$ class will payback 100% (money) to the top 5 overall. ALL other classes (including Plus 35 A and Plus 17 A+B) will be awarded (not money) back to 3rd place.
2017 Entry Info
• Online pre-registration is $25 per class – whereas “late” sign-up at the track will be $35 per class. Transponder fee (Moto-Tally RFID) is $5 as needed. Un-damaged Moto-Tally transponders from other events (ie; previous years’ XO’s or J-Day’s) will work.
• Gate fee will be $10. Gates will be open 4 – 10pm Saturday and re-open at 6:30am on Sunday.
• ALL RIDERS (even if pre-registered) MUST CHECK-IN!!
• BRING YOUR HELMET TO CHECK-IN!!!
• Sign-up (or check-in for pre-registered riders) will be open for all classes on Saturday from 7-8pm.
• Sign-up (or check-in for pre-registered riders) for Motos 1-3 is Sunday 7:00-8:15am.
• Sign-up (or check-in for pre-registered riders) for Motos 4-6 is Sunday 9:45-11:45am.
By combining the attributes of motocross (intensity and visibility) with off-road (variety and endurance) we believe these races will be a lot of fun for both the racer and the spectator. Compared to last year, this year’s course will feature just a little more moto (no blind doubles) and a little less woods. Look for a course preview to be posted the week of the event!